AutoCAD LT® is computer-aided design (CAD) software that architects, engineers, construction professionals and designers rely on to produce 2D drawings and documentation. You can design, draft and document with 2D geometry, access a comprehensive set of editing, design and annotation tools, which make you work faster in an intuitive user interface.
What does AutoCAD LT do:
- Create and edit 2D geometry
- Annotate drawings with text, dimensions, leaders and tables
- Customise the ribbon and tool palettes
- Attach and import data from PDF files
- Share and use data from DGN files and Bing Maps
Top new features added since 2016 include:
- Drawing history: See changes made to your drawing over time.
- Xref compare: Compare two versions of an external Xref and implement changes without leaving your current drawing.
- Blocks palette: Insert blocks efficiently from the Libraries tab on desktop or in the AutoCAD web app.
- Quick measure: Quickly display all nearby measurements including areas and perimeters in a drawing by hovering your mouse.
- Trim and extend (enhanced): The default Quick mode now automatically selects all potential boundaries.
- Purge (re-designed): Remove multiple unneeded objects with easy selection and object preview.
- DWG™ compare: Compare two versions of a drawing or Xref without leaving your current window.
- PDF import: Import geometry (SHX font files, fills, raster images and TrueType text) into a drawing from a PDF.
- AutoCAD any time, anywhere: Access AutoCAD from your desktop, web and mobile devices.*
- Shared views: Publish design views of your drawing in a web browser for viewing and commenting.*
- Save to web and mobile: Save drawings and their associated Xrefs from your desktop to view and edit in the AutoCAD web and mobile apps.
- New views and viewports: Easily add saved views to your layouts.
- High-resolution monitor support: View your designs on 4K- and higher-resolution displays.
- Off-screen selection: Selected objects stay in the selection set, even if you pan or zoom off screen.
- New feature highlighting: Quickly see what’s new in each release.
- Autodesk desktop app: Get alerts and install software updates without disrupting your worflow. View tutorials about new features.